How to Deal with Halloween Accidents

Halloween Pic.jpg

            Halloween is right around the corner! For this holiday, you will see an increase of traffic in your neighborhood. People from all around will be dressing up and visiting your doorstep for some candy. With that many people passing by and around your home, there is no guarantee that someone won’t get hurt on your property. In order to protect yourself, you should make sure that you have enough liability insurance to cover you in the case of an accident.

            Liability coverage is the portion of a policy that protects another person’s bodily injuries that you are responsible for. Policies such as your Florida home and auto insurance policies have a limited amount of liability coverage. If you are faced with a situation such as a lawsuit against you, maybe because of an injury, you may not have enough liability coverage to fully protect you in such an instance, causing major financial strain.

            If you feel that your homeowner’s insurance policy doesn’t have enough liability coverage, you may choose to purchase an umbrella insurance policy. Under your umbrella policy, you can have possessions such as your home, rental properties, auto, boats, golf carts, ATVs, and RVs covered. An umbrella insurance policy can cover you in the case of slander/libel lawsuits, property damage, and legal fees.

            If you have any questions about your homeowner’s liability or umbrella insurance policies, contact Westgate-Jones Insurance Agency at 352-787-7548. One of our experienced agents will assist you in finding a great Florida insurance policy that will suffice your specific needs or answer any questions you may have regarding insurance. Also, make sure to explore our website to learn more about our agency. 

“Like” us on Facebook!